I have been very blessed with the people that come through my life. The biggest influence on my life was meeting Bud and Eunice Williams. What I learned from them in stockmanship, marketing, and living life has been a real big deal.
I have come to a point in my life where I can start helping people to gain this knowledge. As for stockmanship, I’ve got everything on the truck but it is not being very pretty at times. I am genetically predisposed to trade, there is nothing more than my dad loved to do than trade.
So teaching livestock marketing is where I need to be. Marketing is a very powerful tool and done correctly can really move you forward. Done incorrectly it can be one of the biggest disasters that you can involve in. This concern has led me to how I’m going to structure my marketing schools.
Moving from BUY/ SELL to SELL/BUY marketing the thought process has to move 180 degrees. This is a big change. It will take time and practice and at times being not quite right. For best results, plan on repeating the school.
Outline of the School
Night 1 – 6:30 pm
This takes place the evening of the first date listed. It is a casual get-together in the lobby of the hotel. I will provide sandwiches and drinks, you provide the conversation. Networking has great value. After all, this is, as life, a people business.
Day 2 – 8:00am – 4:00pm
Next door in the conference center we will cover:
- Knowing and Understanding Yourself
- The Value of this school to Me
- Cost to Carry
- How to Find the Overvalued and the Undervalued
- Care of Animals
- The Importance of Animals That Work For You
- Understand Inventory-Grass-Money
Day 3 – 8:00am – 4:00pm
- How to Sell and Buy
- Where to Sell and Buy
- Relationships between Classes of Animals
- Intrinsic Value of a Cow
- Utilizing People
- Stockmanship Principles that Help with Gain
- Reducing Shrink at Shipping
Day 4 – 8:00am – Noon
- This is the day we work on what you need.
- Bring specific questions or examples that we can work through to help you apply the teachings of the school to your ranch.
- Livestock inventory numbers are often needed this day.
Cost for the School
The fee for the school is $1000.00 per person unless otherwise listed. With working with Bud I didn’t get it with just one school, so for $100/school you can retake as many schools as it takes for you to be completely satisfied with your ability to market. If at any time you are not completely satisfied, I will refund your tuition.
I also feel getting started right is very important, so any young person 18 years or younger can attend for free with a parent.
Lunch will be provided for two days as well as coffee and water.
Past participants have also expressed that these things would be valuable to bring with you.
- Pen/Pencil and Scratch Paper.
- Colored Pens, Markers, or Highlighters. The book is printed in black and white.
- A calculator. We crunch a lot of numbers.
- Sale and Purchase information for any examples or questions you have.
Download the School Registration Form here. It will need to be mailed.
In Person Marketing-School-Registration-Form
Click on the “Upcoming Schools” page for additional school outline information.